Updated : How to download YouTube Videos to iPhone without jailbreak
We have updated this article many times because previously mentioned method stops working after a couple of months. Please do let us know by comment if the below-mentioned method doesn’t work in future. You can also use VLC Player to download YouTube Videos on your iOS devices.
Earlier we told to use ClipConverter website with MyMedia app to download YouTube Videos to iPhone, but now ClipConverter has made some changes in their policy, and they don’t allow downloading any video that contains Music. So you will have to use another website. Please don’t use this trick to download copyright files, but you can still download thousands of royalty-free music. We have updated the article accordingly.
How to Download YouTube Videos to iPhone without Jailbreak ?
- Install My Media Application on your iPhone or iPad from the App Store.
- Once Installed, launch the MY Media application and visit m.youtube.com.
- Play any video, and copy the video URL.
- Now Visit OnlineVideoConverter.Com (Please ignore ads or cancel, ads may pop up now and then), or feel free to use any other YouTube Downloader Website.
- Paste the YouTube URL, select the Video/Audio format from the drop-down link, and then hit Start button.
- Download Link will be ready in few seconds, so you need to hang on for a while.
- Once Download link is ready, tap on Download link and hold for a while until the “Download File” option pops on the screen, and the select Download File.
- You will be asked to enter the file name, and then hit Save option. Now downloading will start, and it may take some time, depending on the file size/duration.
How to Save Downloaded YouTube Videos to Camera Roll or Photos App
- Once the download is complete, go back, and select Media option to check downloaded file.
- Tap on the small i icon on the left of the file name, tap Open, then tap on Save to Camera Roll option. Now the video file has been saved within Photos app. You can play directly from there.
If you face any issue while downloading YouTube Videos from iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch or saving them to Stock Photos app, please watch the video below.