Test Your Typing Speed Free (No Download)
There are 3 Tools on this page. Scroll down to test all 3. These 3 tools have different functionality, but all does the same job and tells you the typing speed.
1. Test Typing Speed as Words Per Minute (WPM) Typing Random Paragraph
Type what you see on the screen. Your typing speed will be shown on the top right corner. Let’s get started.
2. Test Typing Speed as Characters Per Second (CPC) Typing Random Words
Note: After you are done with typing (after 1 minute is passed), the typing speed shows as CPC, but something also shows up with +- and number. That’s just to clarify that it might have a little reduction and addition in recording speed. You can simply ignore it if you want.
For example: if it shows 4.20±0.51 CPS that means your typing speed is 4.2 Characters Per Second.
3. Type Random Words and Set Your Target WPM (Words Per Minute) to Improve Your Typing Speed.
- Drag the Speed Pointer to set Custom WPM Speed as your target. If you go lower to that speed, the tool will explode and stop you. However, you must first go beyond that target speed. Once you achieve your target speed, you cannot go lower, else it will end typing
- Click on the Bottom Left Corner to change the Theme of the Typing Speed Test Tool (It uses the Haxxium Theme by default).
- Type the random words you see on the screen. Press Spacebar after every word, you don’t need to type dot(.), just a space after every word.