There are websites and online services that are not accessible around the world, e.g. NetFlix, YouTube, Spotify etc.. These sites usually have regional restriction or blocked by Internet Service Provider (ISP). However, users can still unblock those sites using VPN app. Along with unblocking blocked websites, VPN apps are very useful when you want to enjoy anonymous internet surfing. It prevents users from being hacked, and also protects their privacy and security.
There are so many VPN service providers, and you may get confused which one to use. A good VPN service must have the following features;
- Free Trial to test the premium service
- Competitive price
- One time fee to use the application for lifetime
- Optional Premium Service feature
- IPs from many Cities and Countries
- DNS Proxy to set up on those devices that don’t support application installation
- Support more than one device simultaneously
Why “Hide My IP”
Hide My IP is a VPN service provider that allows to access VPN service on Smartphones, Tablets as well as Computers. You can use their app, browser extension or Smart DNS Proxy. It features everything you may seek in a VPN app. Here are some quick features of Hide My IP VPN;
- There are around 100 IPs from different countries and cities
- Supports up to 5 devices simultaneously
- 256 bit secure encryption with OpenVPN technology
- One-time fee for lifetime access with optional premium subscription
- Includes DNS Proxy service that can be used to change IP of almost any device
- Windows application of Hide My App allows to choose specific program that users want to hide their IP with (e.g. Web Browser Only)
- Users get up to 14 days free trial to test the service
- Access all the IPs for free on Android Phone (Friday only), else keep using limited number of IPs for free
When Hide My App is connected to a proxy server, it changes the IP for almost all browser including Safari, IE, Firefox, Chrome, NetScape and many more.
How to use DNS Smart Proxy on iPhone or other iOS devices
Hide My VPN doesn’t have an app for iOS, but you can use their service on iOS by following these steps;
- Visit This page to get the DNS Proxy
- Select the DNS Proxy you want to use, and then hit Get My DNS Proxy (Note : If you select the Paid DNS Proxy Location, you must enter the license key, else choose Free One)
- Now you can select the device, and you will be given the full instruction
- An iPhone user just need to Go to Settings –> WiFi, connect to any WiFi network, and then tap on the small “i” icon (as show in the screenshot below)
- Now tap on the IP address mentioned under DNS, and clear this field, and type IP that you got from Hide My VPN website
- Now tap on WiFi, and you are done
How to access Hide My VPN on Linux
Linux users can add Hide My IP extension to Google Chrome browser to access.
Note : Please understand that Premium/Paid IPs work much better compared to free one. Premium users also get access to all the IPs, else you are limited to some certain.
Pricing and Download
Free trial for up to 14 days
One Time Cost for Life Time Access (Including License Key) : $29.95
Note : One License Key works on All Platforms (Windows, Mac, Android and Chrome Extension)
Premium Service : $2.95 each month (non-premium user can still access standard version of app)
Up to 5 devices can be connected at the same time to Hide My IP’s Proxies
DNS Proxy is included in the service
Android Users : Get the app for free
Mac/Windows : Download the app here
If you have any query related to their service, you can chat with their customer service on their website.