Torrent Client is not available in Apple’s app store, but there are various apps that can be used. So which one you should use. Well, we already know uTorrent and BitTorrent, but let’s know an app that could be used to download any file as well as torrent.
FOLX GO (without torrent from App Store)
FOLX Go is can be downloaded from App store that allows to download any file, but not torrent. This is free to use, but comes with some limitation. However, the pro version allows to have speed control, split download, iTunes Integration, and schedule downloads. FOLX GO+ costs $9.99.
FOLX 4 (Download any file including torrent)
FOLX 4 is not available in App Store, but they have left the link under FOLX GO app where you can download FOLX 4 with torrent client functionality and built-in torrent search.
Here is what you can do with FOLX 4 on Mac OS X
- Use any download link to save file on your Mac
- Search Torrent files directly from FOLX 4 without going to browser (limited with free version)
- Download torrent file (If face any issue just drag and drop the .torrent file in the blank space of FOLX 4, not address bar)
- Pause and Resume download
However, the free version comes with some limitation as well. You will get the following benefits with Pro Version of FOLX 4
- Search and Download Torrent Files : In Free Version you can have access to limited search only, but clicking on Download option will ask you to upgrade, but you can still download full Torrent files, if you have downloaded .torrent file from browser
- Smart Speed Control
- Split Download
- iTunes Integration
- The pro version can also be used as YouTube Downloader
FOLX 4 Pro Pricing
Basic version : Free
Individual : $19.95
Family Pack : $39.95
Lifetime Upgrade Guarantee : $11.99
Urgent Support Plan : $15 each year
Being a Windows users if you liked Internet Download Manager, you would love FOLX 4 as Mac user for sure. It is a good alternative of IDM, and even better.
FOLX 4 can be downloaded here