Top 5 Mac Data Recovery Software
Please Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
The aim of Mac data recovery is to rescue deleted or lost data from damaged, corrupted, formatted, inaccessible or unreadable storage devices that are compatible with Mac computers. Although Mac data recovery is a complicated process, it can be performed by professional Mac data recovery software and data recovery services. Mac data recovery software comes to make deleted or lost data stored on various storage devices visible and accessible. When mistaken deletion, accidental formatting, virus infection, hardware damages or software errors make you suffer from data loss, Mac data recovery software can come in handy.
In order to recover deleted or lost files successfully, you had better use reliable data recovery tools. After doing the search, we will recommend the top 5 Mac data recovery software to you in this article so that you can pick one of them to help you conduct Mac data recovery someday.
1. iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac
iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac is a trustworthy program that enables you to recover data from HDDs, SSDs, external hard drives, CF cards, memory cards, USB flash drives, SD cards, and more. This software performs deleted file recovery, lost data recovery, unmounted drive data recovery, formatted drive data recovery, system crash data recovery, APFS drive data recovery, encrypted APFS data recovery, and T2 chip data recovery with a few clicks. In addition, iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac is able to recover lost or deleted data from external hard drives on an M1-based Mac.
- Support T2 secured Mac and M1-based Mac
- Have a user-friendly and intuitive interface
- Supports various data loss situations, storage devices, and file formats.
- Be compatible with Mac OS X 10.7-macOS 11
- Allow pre-recovery preview before performing Mac data recovery
- Support data recovery from unbootable Mac
It may take a long time to do a deep scan.
To recover files on Mac using iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac, what you need to do is as follows:
- Download, install and launch iBoysoft Mac data recovery software on your Mac computer.
- Choose the partition or drive that stored your lost or deleted data from listed drives or partitions on the software interface.
- Tick the Deep scan button to search for lost data and keep it unchecked if you want to scan deleted data.
- Start the scanning process by clicking the Scan button.
- Preview the scanning result after the scanning process is completed.
- Check the wanted files and recover them by clicking the Recover button.
PhotoRec is a digital picture and file recovery tool that is designed for lost data recovery from hard drives, USB flash drives, memory cards, CD-ROMs, and many more. This program completely ignores file systems and focuses on underlying data, which makes it possible for you to recover data from storage devices whose file systems are severely damaged. PhotoRec supports 480+ file extensions and read-only access to the drive where your lost files are located at. Although it is called PhotoRec, never be misguided by its name. PhotoRec can’t only rescue lost photos, but can also enable you to recover lost videos, documents, archives, emails, and other file types.
- It is totally free
- Permit previewing files before Mac data recovery
- Be equipped with advanced file carving technology
- Work even if the file system is severely corrupted
- Be difficult to use for beginners because of an unfriendly command-line interface
- Never support APFS file system, Apple T2 chip and M1 chip
- Scan and recover data at a slow speed
- Never provide technical support or service
3. Disk Drill for Mac
Disk Drill is a Mac data recovery utility that permits data recovery from any internal or external storage devices, iOS devices and Android devices. This data recovery program supports more than 200 file formats and extra free disk tools, including Disk Health, Mac Cleanup, Duplicate Finder, Recovery Drive, Data Protection, and Data Backup.
- Free technical support
- Easy-to-use user interface
- Provide extra free disk tools
- Be compatible with iOS and Android devices
- Be unable to recover data from T2 encrypted Mac and M1-based
- MacCan only preview files when using its free edition
4. Wondershare Recoverit
Wondershare Recoverit is a file recovery program that supports recovering deleted files, photos, videos, audios and emails from Mac, hard drives, USB drives, SD cards, and so on. This program adopts the user account system and enables users to buy separate feature packs according to their needs. Besides, it supplies video repair features and bad sector skipping technology.
- Built-in advanced video repair feature
- Support Macintosh HD data recovery from crashed Mac computers
- Preview the scanning results before final recovery
No support for M1-based Mac and T2-secured Mac
5. iSkysoft Recoverit Data Recovery for Mac
iSkysoft Recoverit Data Recovery for Mac is an easy-to-use Mac undelete and unformed program designed for all Mac devices. It can be used to recover unlimited deleted or lost files on Mac. iSkysoft Recoverit Data Recovery for Mac supports multilingual languages, including English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese, and Dutch. With the assistance of this tool, Trash recovery, formatted Mac drive recovery and Time Machine Backup recovery can be conducted easily.
- Simple-to-use and well-regulated user interface
- Support hundreds of file formats
- Support many languages
- Only support 1 GB of data recovery for free
- No support for macOS 10.15 and later operating systems
- Can’t recover data from T2 protected and M1-based Mac computers