“EMBED” tag stopped working after updating Jetpack to 8.1
The recent Jetpack has caused an error to WordPress that is making <embed> tag not to work. You might face one of the following issues:
Flash games (SWF Files) will not load on your website if you are using the <embed> tag along with <object> tag to embed Flash games. Any file, videos, audio, pdf, etc. will simply not load.
How to identify the issue?
Load the page (browse) as you normally do. if the file doesn’t load, check its source code (On Chrome: right-click and select View Page Source). Now try to find <embed> code that has been used in your post. You may find other <embed> tags, but not the one that you used to embed the file.
How to solve the issue?
- Add a new Plugin to WordPress Admin Panel “WP Rollback.” Activate it.
- Go to the WordPress Installed Plugin Section and locate Jetpack.
- Click on the Rollback option.
- Now you will see the list of jetpack versions. Select 8.0 and hit the Rollback button.
- Finally, click the Activate Plugin option to reactivate Jetpack.