Did you know that you can react to a message on iPhone and Mac?
iOS 10 and macOS 10.12 Sierra has brought some new features to Messaging application. Mac and iOS devices now allow reacting to a message while using “Messages app.” For example, If you like a message, image, video or sticker, you give it a thumbs up, and if you don’t like it, give it a thumbs down. There are some more reaction options that we will tell about.
- Heart : React with a heart when you loved a message you received.
- Thumbs Up : React when you liked the message.
- Thumbs Down : React with thumbs down when you dislike something.
- HaHa (laugh) : React when you read something funny.
- Exclamation (!!) : When you are speechless.
- Question Mark (?) : You can use this reaction when you don’t understand what a message is about.
How to React a message on Mac and iPhone
- Let’s assume you have received a text message, a video, an image, a sticker or a voice message. Now you want to react.
- Tap on message and hold until you get reaction options. Mac users can click and hold on a message.
- Now select how you want to react, and it will appear on the right corner of the message.
Note : The image within the message is an animated GIF, so it may seem there are 2 different images, but it’s one image.
How to change the reaction if you pressed a wrong reaction option by mistake?
The good thing about this reaction is that you can change it as many times as you want. It will also change on receiver’s screen, supported by all iOS devices and Mac as long as you are using the latest version of the operating system. Follow these steps to change the reaction to a message;
- Tap on hold on the reacted sticker.
- Now you will get all the reaction options. Select the one you want to choose, and the old one will be replaced with new reaction.