How to change ID and Password for Apple or iCloud Account
Apple products, like iPhone, iPad, MacBook, iMac etc. requires Apple ID to download apps and use many other features. You can make an Apple ID like you do for many other online accounts. After creating an ID, there may be time when you want to change your Apple ID or Password. Apple ID is also known as iCloud Account ID, so there is nothing to get confused.
You need an email ID to create an Apple Account, and that email address could be from any service provider (Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo etc.). After creating your Apple Account you get 2 IDs that can be used as Apple ID; One of them will be your exiting email address that you used to create your account, and the other you will get as firstname.lastname@example.org. You can use any of them (or both) to receive iMessage, Facetime calls and so on… If you don’t know how to do that read our article about how to change ID for iMessage.
How to add new email address to use as Apple ID
- Visit appleid.apple.com
- Login with your existing ID and Password
- Once logged in, click on Edit option under Account section
- Click on Add an email address. Enter your email address, and click Continue
- You will receivd verification code to the new email address that you You will be asked after clicking on Continue
How to change the primary email address for your Apple ID
As you can see the screenshot above where we informed how you can add a new email address, I have 3 email addresses added. Only one of them has cross sign that can be deleted, but you can follow these steps to change the Primary email address.
- Login with your Apple ID and Password visiting appleid.apple.com
- Click on Edit under account section as you did while adding new email address
- Now hit Change email address
- Enter your new email address that you want to use as Apple ID email, then follow the same procedure that we mentioned for adding a new email address
How to change the Password for Apple ID or iCloud Account
On the same page where you added a new email address, see the security section. Click on Change Password, and then you need to enter the Answers to your security questions. If you don’t remember it, you can click on reset your security questions option, and follow the instruction
Note : You can’t change the username (email@example.com). The only option to change is “Create a new Apple Account.” This is just a supplementary account where you can receive email, but you can always add another email and use as Apple ID for iMessage, FaceTime, Apple Store etc..
Related ; Forgot Apple ID Password, How to reset?