How to convert .MOV to .MP4 Vidoes on Mac
Please Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
As we already know that QuickTime Player in Mac OS X is very useful. It can play videos, reduce video size/pixels, and can even trim the video. QuickTime Player also works as Screen Recorder for iPhone and Mac’s Screen. However, it saves all the files in .MOV format and there are many devices that don’t support it. The most common format that almost all devices can run is .MP4. However, you don’t need any third-party application on your Mac to convert a .MOV file to .MP4. We will tell you how this can be done.
How to Convert any .MOV videos to .MP4 on Mac OS X or macOS
- Launch iMovie app
- Add a video to the iMovie app like you usually do. You can either drag and drop to iMovie or select via folder option within iMovie
- Click on the Up Arrow (Located at the top right corner)
- Click on File
- Make sure you set the Quality as High to save the file as MP4
- Give a name to your file, and select the location where it will be saved
- Click on Save
- It will take some time depending on the file size you are converting. You can always check the process and estimated time by clicking on the round-shaped processing button
- That’s it. Once Processing is complete, it will be saved automatically to the location you selected while naming the file.