Can’t Import Photos from iPhone to Windows 10? Let’s Fix This
Please Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
Can’t import photos from iPhone to Windows 10? Windows 10 has many compatibility issues with iPhone and other iOS devices that sometimes doesn’t let you transfer your photos from iPhone to Windows 10 PC. There are still ways to import your pictures from iPhone to Windows 10 computer, and this post will guide you on how you can do it.
Method 1: How to Import Photos from iPhone to Windows 10 with MobiKin Assistant for iOS
You can easily import photos from iPhone to Windows using MobiKin Assistant for iOS. It is a useful application and recommended by most users. It lets you preview the photos of the iPhone on the Windows 10 computer and you can transfer photos from iPhone to computer without iTunes. Besides, you can also manage many other iPhone files on the computer, such as contacts, messages, notes, calendars, bookmarks, music, videos, books, apps, and so on with MobiKin Assistant for iOS.
Here is the tutorial to transfer photos from iPhone to Windows 10
Step 1: Download this Photo Backup App:- Please download and install the MobiKin Assistant app on your Windows 10 PC, and then launch the program.
Step 2: Connect iPhone to a Windows 10 PC:- Please connect your iPhone to the Windows 10 PC with a USB cable, and click the “Trust” icon on your iPhone when your iPhone shows a prompt. Then the app will check your iPhone quickly.
Step 3: View and Transfer Photos:- Thirdly, when you see the content of the iPhone is on the left panel, please tap on the “Photos” category. On the right side, you will see the photos, and please select the photos you want to transfer by ticking off the checkboxes. If you want to select all, just tick off the first checkbox.
Finally, please tap on the “Export” icon at the top. The iPhone Photo Backup app will transfer your selected photos to the computer. Exporting all the photos will take a while depending on the size.
Method 2: How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Windows 10 PC with Built-in Photos App on PC
Using the built-in Photos app on PC to import your photos from iPhone to Windows 10 is a usual solution. Some people don’t like to use it because it is a little slow. When you need to import groups of pictures from iPhone to computer, the importing process turns longer. So, if you don’t mind spending more time, you can choose this way.
Here is how to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10 with the Photos app
Step 1: Unlock iPhone and Connect:- In the beginning, you need to unlock the iPhone and connect it to the PC with an iPhone USB cable.
Step 2: Go to Built-in Photos App:- On the Windows 10 computer, tap on the “Start” button and you will see the “Photos” option. Please open it.
Step 3: Import Photos from iPhone to Windows 10:- Next, click on the “Import” button on the top right, and then choose the “From a USB device” option. After that, you can select the photos manually and import them to your Windows 10 computer.
Tips: What should you do if your iPhone can’t be detected by the Windows 10 computer?
- You are required to unlock your iPhone and make sure your iPhone trusts your computer (tap the Trust button on iPhone when it asks after connecting it to the computer). Otherwise, it can’t be detected by the computer.
- Check the iTunes and update it to the latest version. And sometimes if your iPhone’s OS is not the latest, it may influence the photo transfer, so better update the iOS version if you can.
- If it can’t import photos yet, please check your USB cable. Your USB cable might be damaged, if so get a new one.
- Check whether Apple Mobile Device is installed tapping on the “Window” icon at the left lower corner (on the computer). Go to the Control Panel and click the “Program and Features” option, and then find the Apple Mobile Device. If not. you need to uninstall iTunes at first and install it again.
- If you can’t back up your photos to iTunes on the computer, you need to turn off the backup feature to iCloud and then test. Sometimes it creates trouble. Feel free to turn it on later after you are done.
We have discussed how you can export from iPhone to the computer using the built-in app on Windows 10 as well as using MobiKin Assistant for iOS. It’s up to you what method you want to choose. The article also discusses about some troubleshooting steps to fix the issue if the phone is connecting properly to the computer.