Best Internet Download Manager (IDM) Alternative for Mac
Internet Download Manager (IDM) is the most popular application that is available for Windows Computers only. All the users who switched from Windows to Mac always try to find IDM for Mac, but most of them can’t get the one that works similar way. However, we have found one Open Source application that is the best alternative to IDM you can use on Mac.
Meet XDM: The Best Alternative to IDM (For Mac or OS X)
XDM is an open-source application. The app is completely free and there is no need to register. The good thing about this app is that it lets you download Online Videos in any format you like, you can select any format and it will convert it for you right after downloading and you won’t even realize conversion has been done. You can also download the video as an audio file. Here is how it works.
Important Note: Never try to open XDM again when one is already opened, close the existing one and then open new one. Seems like a little bug that may freeze the computer.
- Download the XDM App Using This Link.
- Open DMG file that you downloaded, double click on the Install option and it will ask you to Enter the password. Enter your Admin Password and Installation will complete..
- Get the XDM Google Chrome Extension (Works only when XDM Desktop application is installed). This extension is needed if you want to download any online video just like you do with IDM on Windows.
- Now you can go the Mac’s Launchpad and open XDM application if it is not already opened. Once opened, a small icon will show up at the top of the mac’s screen.
- Double click on the XDM icon (located at the top of the Screen when opened) and make sure Web Monitoring is checked. If not, just click on it and it will be enabled.
- Now you can visit any website and play online video and you will get the Download option.
- You can also launch the app and use any download URL to download directly.
- XDM also allows to set Speed Limit.