How to add another website in existing Google Analytics Accounts and Link with Webmaster Tool
Sometimes it’s little confusing for us to add another site in the Google Analytics, and we get frustrated. Today, I will tell you how you can add another website/blog in your existing Google Analytics Account and will also tell how it can be linked to Webmaster Property.
First of all, let’s know how to add a site to Google Webmaster tool. As we need to link it with Google Analytics later, so adding a site in Google Webmaster tool is required to track your site detail properly (though that’s optional).
How to add your Website you Google Analytics
- At first, you need to go to visit URL: google.com/webmasters/tools/, and sign in with Google ID and Password
- Once logged in, you will get the option to add a site, please click on it and then type your blog URL (ex: www.techgrapple.com), and hit Continue
- After adding the site, you will be asked to verify, and the verification can be done by various method. The easiest way to verify is: Copy and paste the given code in the header section of your blog (before </head> tag). If you are using a theme that has head code section in the theme customization option, you can also put the code there, and save it. Once you add the given code under the head section, you need to click on verify. If you put the code in right place, it will show you the successful message, else will get an error. Sometimes it happens even you put the code in right place, and in this case please paste the code in different place (in the header section).
The Verification part is done for Google Webmaster Tool. Now you can add your site to Google Analytics. Please follow these options:
How to add another blog or Website to existing Google analytics
- Visit Google Analytic page; google.com/analytics, and sign in using your Google ID and password
- Once you are logged in, at the top you will get some options. You need to click on Admin
- After clicking on Admin you will be able to see your existing sites that you have already added, and you need to click on the dropdown where you see property option, and then click on Create New Property.
- After clicking on Create New Property, You will be asked some detail and to categorize your site. See the below screenshot. Type your website name (ex: Tech Grapple), website URL (ex: https://www.techgrapple.com/), Select the Industry Category from the drop down (example, if you are adding a finance blog or website, please select Finance), and then select the time zone. Finally, hit on get Tracking Code
- Once you get the Tracking Code, you can copy and paste under the header section on your website (before </head> tag), just like you did for Webmaster Tool to verify your site. You can place the tracking code along with the webmaster tool’s verification code.
A Myth about tracking code: Many people say that it takes 24 hrs to work, but that’s not true. If you add the tracking code at right place, it will start working instantly
How to link your website or blog to Google Webmaster tool
To link your blog/website with Google Webmaster Tool You need to click on Admin option under your Google Analytics account (located at the top) like we did at the start. Now, you will have to click on the Drop Down under Property section, and then select your site, then click on Property Settings.
Now you will get another page where there will be “Webmaster Tool Settings” at the bottom. You need to click on edit, and then webmaster tool will be opened in another tab on your browser. You need to select the site you want to associate with this and confirm it.
If no property is selected from Webmaster, the status will be none. Once you click on edit and confirm your website from the webmaster tool, that none will be replaced with the site you have selected. And finally click on save (which is not showing in this screenshot, but you will see when you do that).