iPhone Tips : Showing Battery Percentage, Turning on Power Saving Mode, and Reviewing Apps that Consume More Power
iPhone doesn’t show battery percentage by default. When you buy a new iPhone, you will see battery bar that keeps decreasing as battery discharges. However, the bar doesn’t make it clear how much power is remaining. In such case, battery percentage is very useful, and you can at least have an idea how long it may run before it need another recharge.
Along with checking battery percentage, you can also see what apps are consuming most of the battery, and what app you use the most. It may help you save battery, and make your device run longer.
How to Show Battery Percentage on iPhone
- Launch iPhone’s Settings app
- Tap on Battery option
- Enable Battery Percentage
How to Turn on Power Saving or Low Power Mode on iPhone
Low Power Mode on iPhone let you save battery limiting apps activity. When this is enabled, Background App Refresh, Email Sync, Hey Siri etc. features may not work. This is very useful if you are travelling, and want to boost the battery life of your iPhone. Follow these steps to enable Low Power Mode.
- Go to iPhone’s Settings, and hit the Battery Option
- Enable Low Power Mode (Check the Screenshot Above)
How to check what apps are consuming more battery, and what apps I use the most
This feature in iPhone let you see the power consumed by individual apps. It shows the data for the last 7 days or 24 hours. You will also be able to find out how frequent an app refreshes in the background. Follow these steps to check;
- This option is also located under Battery Settings. So go to your iPhone’s Settings, and then Tap on Battery option
- Scroll down, and you will see all the apps along with the battery usage information
- You can select to see the data of Last 24 Hours or Last 7 Days
- Tap on the Clock icon to see more detail. For example (in the screenshot below), I have used WhatsApp for 3.3 hrs that consumed 14% of power in the last 7 days, and it has refreshed 5.2 hours in the background.
How to Disable Cellular Data for individual apps
There is no option to disable WiFi for individual apps, but it is possible when you are on Cellular data. Follow these steps to turn off cellular data for any app.
- Open iPhone’s Settings app
- Tap on Cellular
- Now you will see all the apps that has access to Cellular Data
- You can enable or disable Cellular data for any app by sliding the Switch Right or Left