LeTV One X600 is also known as LeTV Le 1. It features Mediatek Helio X10 Chipset, 3GB RAM, 5.5 inches Full HD display, and the device runs EUI OS based on Android Lollipop.
However, this device is a great option for Chinese users, but those who don’t know Chinese and imported from third party website may get sick of its user interface. First of all, some useless Chinese apps that you don’t even understand can’t be removed. Even the Music Player, Video Player and a stupid button that has replaced Android menu button can’t be removed. Some users end up installing a launcher, that makes the device looks awkward, and those unwanted apps still remain intact.
Xiaomi’s Global version is much better than this one. However, you need some workaround to flash it. The process is quite simple that we will tell you. You will need a Windows computer.
Note : Please proceed at your own risk. We have tested and it works perfectly. If you end up doing something wrong, it’s not our responsibility.
Change LeTV One X600 Recovery into English
- Download ADB driver from here : http://adbdriver.com/downloads/, and install on your computer. If you can’t install, check the instruction that is attached in downloaded file
- Connect your LeTV One X600 model via USB cable to your computer, and allow drivers to get installed
- Enable USB Debugging
- Now download English Recovery/TWRP File from here, you may need to sign in to download this file
- Once downloaded extract it on desktop using Winrar app
- Now open the folder and right-click Install_Recovery.exe run as Administrator
- Follow the instruction, and keep pressing “Enter” whenever it shows up on screen
- Your device will reboot in this process and will take you to recovery mode now
Now you can take a backup if you want as we will format the device. Be there in recovery screen, and keep the device connected to the computer via USB cable.
- Tap On Wipe, and Select Advanced Wipe. Check the options (Cache, Data, Dalvik, and System). Make sure, you don’t check internal Storage. Wipe it now
- (Old ROM) Transfer MIUI 7 ROM file to LeTV One X600 root folder. Download MIUI 7 5.12.11 multi-language ROM for LeTV One X600 here (Android 5.0.2)
New ROM : A new Version of MIUI ROM can also be flashed. You can download MIUI V7 6.3.25 ROM, and flash.
(Old ROM) There is one more custom ROM for LeTV X600 that we have found for you. You can also flash with this MIUI 7 6.1.22 multi-language ROM. Rest of the process will remain the same.
Update ends, follow rest of the instructions mentioned below
- In your mobile’s recovery screen, tap on Install, and install MIUI 7 ROM that you just transferred. It will take a while
- Once installed, reboot the device. First boot may take around 10 minutes.
- Once booted, Select English language at first and proceed further
- You may realize the sound is quite a loader. There is an additional app that you will find on your mobile “MaxxAudio”. Open it, and disable by swiping the button left.
The ROM should be rooted if you don’t see SuperSU in your Phone’s menu. You can root the device follow these steps
- Transfer SuperSu.zip file into you LeTV One X600 mobile, just put it in the root folder. Download SuperSu here
- Turn off your device. Once the screen goes off, hold Volume Up and Power key to entering recovery mode again. Keep USB cable connected
- In recovery screen, tap on Install and locate that SuperSu Zip file, and tap on that, and allow to install following the screen instruction.
Note (for MIUI 7 5.12.11 ROM)
- If there is any issue with setting, please download this Zip file, transfer to your mobile’s root folder, and flash it same way going to recovery option