Cloud computing technology – All that you need to know about it
Please Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
Currently, cloud computing is all the rage and it has become the phrase du jour. But the main problem is that everyone seems to have a different definition of cloud computing. As a metaphor that is used for the internet, ‘the cloud’ is a familiar cliché but as soon as it is combined with computing, its meaning gets fuzzier and bigger. There are some analysts and vendors who define cloud computing as an updated version of utility computing, which is basically virtual servers that are available over the internet. Cloud computing usually comes into focus when you think about what IT always needs as this is a process of adding capabilities and increasing capacity. Read the full article to know more about cloud computing.
Cloud computing has these key characteristics:
- API-Application Programming Interface: This software enables machines to interact between humans and computers.
- Cost: Cost effective as far as the pricing on a utility computing is concerned.
- Multi Processor: Cloud computing enables sharing resources among a large network.
- Productivity: Increase productivity and performance efficiency.
- Authenticity: Cloud technology is well-designed for disaster recovery services and business communities.
- Maintenance: This part is rather easy because not only they can be accessed from long distances, but also they need not to be installed on each computer.
- Security: With the increment of sensitive data, the security question is ought to come into the scene. Fortunately, the security is almost as good as or better than other traditional systems. For the motivation of certain users ‘Private cloud installations’ are being retained to control over the infrastructure.
How cloud computing actually works?
The main goal of cloud computing is to apply traditional supercomputing and high-performance computing power, which is normally used by research and military facilities to perform tens of trillions of computations in a second. Cloud computing technology is also used to deliver personalized information, to provide data storage or power large computer games. In order to do this, cloud computing leverages networks of the large groups of servers that typically runs low cost consumer PC technology with some specialized connections. More than often, virtualization techniques are used to maximize the power of cloud computing.
The standards of cloud computing
The standards for connecting the computer system and the software that is needed to make cloud computing work aren’t entirely defined at the present time, thereby leaving many companies to define their own cloud computing technologies, The cloud computing systems and services offered by some companies like IBM and it’s Blue Cloud technologies are usually based on some open standards and open source software that links together computers that are used to deliver capabilities like mobile commerce.
Cloud computing for small business firms
With time, cloud computing has started to gain mass appeal in data centers as it enables them to operate like the internet through the process of enabling computer resources to be accessed and shared as virtual resource in a scalable manner. For medium sized and small size businesses, the benefits of cloud computing are currently driving adoption. There is often lack of time and other financial resources to buy, deploy and maintain an infrastructure.
Therefore, when you’re eager to expand the facilities that you can provide your clients through cloud computing, you can take into account the above mentioned facts on cloud computing. Ensure knowing every bit of it before taking the plunge.