Apple has introduced a News App with iOS 9, and iOS 9.3 is ready to make it even better. Once iOS 9.3 update in released over the air, users will be able to play video within News app. Apple News app is available only in the United States, United Kingdom and Australia, but your can still get it if you stay in some other country. Check our article “How to get Apple News App.”
If you are the owner of any blog or website, you should certainly add your blog to Apple News app. It will make you to reach more readers, but there is no direct process. After submission, it will be reviewed. If Apple find it appropriate, they will include it in Apple News app. Make sure your blog has unique and regularly updated content to get approval.
How to add your website or blog to Apple News
- Visit iCloud.com
- Login with your Apple ID and Password
- Once logged in Click on News Publisher (this option will not appear unless you enable Apple News app on your iOS device. Follow the process we mentioned in the end of the first paragraph if you don’t have news app)
- Follow the screen’s instruction. You will be asked to enter your personal information first. So please fill the detail, and click on Next
- In the second step, you will be asked to enter your blog/website detail, like Blog Name, URL, Language etc.. Fill the detail, and hit Next
- In the third step, you will have to upload a logo for your blog. The logo must be in PNG format, and minimum height and width should be 256 pixels, and maximum 2560 pixels. It cannot be over 2MB in size. Upload the logo hit Next
- Now you can select to Sign up for Apple News or Choose RSS only. (Recommended : Apple News). Click on Sign up for Apple News (check the detail given on the screen before you select)
- If you select RSS, you will require to enter RSS Feed URL (may be not now, but after approval)
Thats’s it! You will receive an email on your iCloud email that they will review your request and get back to you. In my case, I never received a confirmation email of approval, but when I checked my iCloud, it was added, and appeared on Apple News app as well. Once your blog is approved, you will have more options enabled. You can add multiple blogs or sites as well in one account.