There are times when hosting account or domain gets hacked, and we get in trouble. You can loose all your hard work as well as money if it happens. Precaution is always better than cure, so we would tell you how to secure Go Daddy hosting account from hackers.
Secure Go Daddy hosting accounts and domains from hackers enabling two-step verification
The best way to prevent unauthorized login is to enable two-factor authentication. Every time you login in your GoDaddy account, it will ask for the verification code. Two-step verification requires you to submit your mobile number, and the verification code will always be sent to that specified number.
What happens after you enable 2-STEP AUTHENTICATION?
Step – 1 : You need to login with your user name and password as you always did, but this will not give you access to the account
Step – 2 : You will receives authentication code by SMS. Now put the authentication code to get access. This is why it’s called 2-step authentication
How to enable 2-STEP AUTHENTICATION in GoDaddy account
- Login to your GoDaddy Account
- Click on Settings
- Click on Account Security Settings
- You will see 2-Step Authentication option at the right side of the screen, click on Manage
- You will be asked for the confirmation, click on Add Verification
- Select the country code from drop down box, and put your Mobile number
- Click on Continue
- You will receive Verification code via SMS, put the verification code to confirm
It was easy, wasn’t it. This simple thing will not allow anyone to login into your GoDaddy account even they have the password. No one can login without the verification code that will always be sent by SMS to your mobile number. Secure GoDaddy Login now, and have pease of mind.