There are times when we want to access websites that are blocked, or some websites that has restriction. In such situation you need to tell the server you are not browsing from the country you are, but a different country.
Some examples that can be resolved by Free Web Proxy sites
- You are in a country (ex: Pakistan or UAE) where YouTube or any other site is not accessible
- You want to read an article on New York Time (NYT), but you have reached the free quota to read articles, and now it asks to subscribe paying the subscription free
- Any specific website or web page doesn’t load properly in your country/IP/Internet Service Provider
- Unblock country specific video on YouTube or any other website
Such issues can be resolved easily with Free Web Proxy sites as well as Free VPN. There are paid subscription as well for premium service, but we will talk about the free one only. Most of the Free Web Proxy Sites work the same way. You can visit the website, enter the URL, and starts browsing.
Google Web Proxy as Translation to bypass NYT Paywall
We have tested Google, and it fails to unblock sites. However, it can bypass New York Times PayWall, and allow to read more articles than your free quota. To use this service, please use the URL below and replace example.com with desired URL
Google’s Translation tool to translate and Unblock Blocked Sites
- Visit http://itools.com/tool/google-translate-web-page-translator
- Enter the desired URL in the given field
- Leave from as detect language, and select the desired language in to field
- Click on Translate, and this will open the site (even blocked one). However, you can choose to translate an English site into English. If you do so, you will get an error
List of Web Proxy sites to unblock a blocked site
We have mentioned enough free Web Proxy sites for you. All are tested and works fine. Please comment below if you find any of them stopped working. All of them are free and doesn’t cost anything.
Best Extension for Google Chrome to unblock sites
If you are Google Chrome user, you add ZenMate extension to browser. It will be added to your Chrome browser. It will require one time free registration. Register and login, and you are done.
- Add ZenMate Extension to Chrome
- Click on ZenMate extension on Chrome (located at the top right corner of Chrome browser)
- Turn it on switching the button towards right
- Click on the Flag (middle one), select the desired location
- You get four location for free; US, HongKong, Romania and Germany. They offer 10 days free premium trial, it don’t require you to put any payment information. Thereafter, you can enjoy free service if you don’t want to pay
If you are using ZenMate, you don’t need to keep looking for proxy sites on your computer. ZenMate also has application for Android and iOS device. However, Best free VPN for iPhone is still Betternet. It is free and gives unlimited access.
Note : We don’t recommend using/entering any sensitive information via proxy sites, VPN app or Extension. If you do so, please do it on your own risk. We hold no responsibility.