We have updated this article many times because previously mentioned method stops working after a couple of months. Please do let us know by comment if the below-mentioned method doesn’t work in future. You can also use VLC Player to download YouTube Videos on your iOS devices.
Earlier we told to use ClipConverter website with MyMedia app to download YouTube Videos to iPhone, but now ClipConverter has made some changes in their policy, and they don’t allow downloading any video that contains Music. So you will have to use another website. Please don’t use this trick to download copyright files, but you can still download thousands of royalty-free music. We have updated the article accordingly.
How to Download YouTube Videos to iPhone without Jailbreak ?
- Install My Media Application on your iPhone or iPad from the App Store.
- Once Installed, launch the MY Media application and visit m.youtube.com.
- Play any video, and copy the video URL.
- Now Visit OnlineVideoConverter.Com (Please ignore ads or cancel, ads may pop up now and then), or feel free to use any other YouTube Downloader Website.
- Paste the YouTube URL, select the Video/Audio format from the drop-down link, and then hit Start button.
- Download Link will be ready in few seconds, so you need to hang on for a while.
- Once Download link is ready, tap on Download link and hold for a while until the “Download File” option pops on the screen, and the select Download File.
- You will be asked to enter the file name, and then hit Save option. Now downloading will start, and it may take some time, depending on the file size/duration.
How to Save Downloaded YouTube Videos to Camera Roll or Photos App
- Once the download is complete, go back, and select Media option to check downloaded file.
- Tap on the small i icon on the left of the file name, tap Open, then tap on Save to Camera Roll option. Now the video file has been saved within Photos app. You can play directly from there.
If you face any issue while downloading YouTube Videos from iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch or saving them to Stock Photos app, please watch the video below.
—————-Please ignore the content below——————-
Update We wrote an article yesterday, and Apple was so quick to ban the process. While downloading video, please select MOV, as Apple has blocked MP4 download now. We have updated the steps below as well. Thanks! Update ends…. There are some online tools that work as YouTube Video Converter and Downloader, but it doesn’t work on iOS devices in a simple way. If you try to download video, it will just play leaving no option to download. We have found a way to make such tools work, and this is not a new thing that we are going to tell. However, Let’s know how to download YouTube video on iOS devices if you still don’t know. There are many other ways to download YouTube Videos on iOS devices, but we found this one that allows saving videos under Photos app, otherwise rest of the apps keep it only in the app you download through. How to Download YouTube Videos on iOS Devices Install iDownloader (IDM High-Speed Loader Pro) from App Store Now open any browser; Chrome, Safari, Mozilla etc. Open YouTube, please open https://m.youtube.com. Try searching YouTube in Google Search and Tap on m.youtube.com link, else it will force you to open it in YouTube App Now copy video link Open iDownloader, visit this URL http://www.clipconverter.cc/ Now paste the video URL in Video URL to Download box Tap on Continue, wait for it to locate the video Now select the resolution/quality you want to download Tap on MP4 to select it. Please Tap MOV now as Apple blocked MP4 download Tap on Start, and wait a few seconds, and you will see the Download link, Tap on Download now It will take you to another screen where you can play Video, but don’t play it (if you are redirected to an ad, tap on back icon to go back, and hit download button again) Now tap on arrow sign, and tap on Save Current Page Now you will see file name that you can edit, and tap on Done It will take a few minutes or seconds depending on the file size, so hang on. You can tap on download to see download progress Once the download is complete, tap on downloaded File, and you will get some options. Now tap on Show in Files Now you will be taken to downloaded files section, Tap on blue icon looks like i in round circle, located right side of file Now Tap on Share, and then Tap on Save Video Now you can find the video in Photos App Still Facing Issue ? Watch this video learn how to download YouTube Video on iOS devices : In the video, I have selected MP4 while downloading, but Apple doesn’t allow to download MP4 anymore. So please select MOV