Microsoft has been testing Windows ROM for Mi 4, and earlier Xiaomi also made official announcement for its release. It is being said that Windows 10 ROM will be available for some Xiaomi devices, including Mi 4, Mi Note Series and Mi Pad 2. Mi Pad 2 has already been launched in two version; one with MIUI (based on Android OS), and the other with Windows 10 OS. According to new update, Android version of Mi Pad 2 users will be able to flash Windows 10 ROM.
At this time, we only have Windows 10 ROM for Mi 4, check the link in the end of this paragraph. You can download and flash your Xiaomi Mi 4 (Only LTE model). This flashing process will wipe your device, so don’t forget to take backup of your data. Once flashed, Android OS will be replaced with Windows 10 ROM. This is the first ROM, and it may or may not contain some bugs. If you don’t want to take risk, you can hold on until some users give feedback how it works. You can go back to MIUI at any stage, so don’t worry.
Mi 4 (LTE) Windows 10 ROM downloading link (file size : 952MB) (if link is broken, please comment)
How to flash Windows 10 ROM on Xiaomi Mi 4
Note : Only for Xiaomi MI 4 LTE Model
- Download the ROM file from the give link above
- Download MiFlash20150601, for Windows computer only (if link is broken, please comment)
- Unzip the file, and install it
- You will get an error that Windows can’t verify the publisher, please click on Install this driver software anyway
- Once installed, click on finish
- Run the program, browse ROM file, and flash it. (the screen will look like the image below)
Check some images here how Windows 10 look on Xiaomi Mi 4