If you have many music videos on your iPhone, you may want them to convert to mp3 or other audio format that can be played as music file. This way you can listen to all the music in the background without looking at the screen, and it will also save battery.
How to convert Videos to Audio or Music file on iPhone
- Download “MyMP3 – Convert Videos to MP3” app form App Store
- Launch the application and tap on Search icon, then select Choose from library
- You will be asked if you want to allow this app to access your Photos. You need to allow to convert the video file to audio
- Now select the video you want to convert
- The video will be added to this app as audio
You can add as many videos as you want, and the app can also be used as music player for those video files you have added to this app. It plays the next file automatically, and works in the background. The app has integrated Play/Pause, Next and Previous button. There is no repeat or shuffle option
Note : The app description on App store, and app name does suggest that it converts videos to mp3, but it doesn’t. It converts videos to m4a audio file that can also be used as music file on any mobile devices as well as computer.
How to share video files as audio via WhatsApp, Email and other social messaging app
- Add the video file to the app following the process we explained above
- Tap on the option icon associated with audio file (each audio file will have separate option icon, you need to tap on the one you want to share with your friends)
- Now select Send by email if you want to email it to someone, or select Open with to send via social messaging application, like WhatsApp, Viber, Telegram etc.
- Now you can select the app, e.g. WhatsApp, then select contact, and hit the Send button to share file with your friend
The app is free to download and use, but ads keep popping on the screen now and then. You can upgrade to ad-free version for $7.99. The app is compatible with all iOS devices, iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. It can be installed on any device running iOS 7.1 or newer version.